Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's in his kiss...


Growing up, I held this kiss as the standard for what a kiss should be. Just as the book says, this was the kiss that blew all other perfect kisses away. Notice the sunset glowing in the background, the way he tenderly holds her face, her perfect hair and sparkling crown, the gentle earnest, and of course, the horse. It's so romantic that they are on horses, because that's gotta be easy, right?- Kissing whilst on horseback? Nevertheless, I have dreamed many a dream about Wesley and myself as Buttercup. I'm sure I wasn't the only one, right?

Flash forward 14 years. I'm 31. I've been married almost 11 years. I have four children.

I can tell you that the most convincing kiss is not the one on horse back in the sunset. Let me set the scene for you:

7pm. Man enters house. Looks at bare table. Steps over toys and books. Crosses over sprawled children to wife sitting on chair with child on lap. Man looks over messy hair, bags under eyes, boogers on shirt, slight double chin, hole in jeans, pimple on nose, and incredibly dirty feet. Man reaches down and firmly kisses wife.

That, my friends is the kiss of true love. I'd gladly give up all my first kisses for it.

Any Questions? Didn't think so.


*This post has been entered in Scribbit's Write Away contest for August.

7 comments:

Michal said...

perfect post. well done.

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Isn't it interesting how our ideas of romance change?

Unknown said...

When are we going to hear more about A6?

Ice Cream said...

Oh my goodness. This shouldn't make me cry but it does. As I sit here in my bathrobe that has something sticky in the pocket and I've just been kissed by sugary milk covered lips, this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. And I am crying ridiculously hard.

Loretta and Richie said...

Love the bare table, boogers, double chin, and pimple part. It is no different at my house! How funny:)

Scribbit said...

Oh anyone who has been there will agree--that's where the real love is!

Mozi Esme said...

How REAL!