Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What do you do in your spare time?


I think it is obvious that a good chunk of my "me" time is spent right here in front of my iMac. (My husband just informed me that this computer is pretty obsolete.)

Never the less, it has been a source of happiness for me. (Do I sound pathetic to anyone else?)
I'm not very creative when it comes to arts and crafts, but I sure appreciate the genius of others.

Whenever I think I'm spending too much time here, I'm going to think about Brian Dettmer and his Book Autopsies. They are incredible! But I can't help but wonder how many, many hours he must have spent working on them. I enjoyed looking at them for all of maybe 10 minutes. (My husband, who actually is an artist, spent a lot more time looking at them.) Maybe you will enjoy looking at them too, during your "me" time. They are truly brilliant pieces of art.

4 comments:

Ice Cream said...

I love "book art" and wish I owned a piece. These are fantastic, thanks for the link.

P.S. LOVE the look of this blog!

Sea Star said...

I too spend far too much time sitting here in front of my out of date Power Book. I love reading other peoples thoughts and looking at what they find interesting. Those books are quite impressive.

Unknown said...

I had never heard of "book art" before. It is amazing. I would love to see one in real life.

Michal said...

i spend my free time at the computer (obviously,)reading, and talking on the phone. i have learned how to do the last one while i am doing other things that do not qualify as free time activities, like making dinner or folding laundry. it gives me more time for blogging and reading!:)