Monday, April 26, 2010

I crack myself up.

Yes, well, despite the fact that I did not blog the last bit of this experiment, I did stay strong to the end.

Total loss: 17.2 lbs.

woo hoo!

I stuck to the no starch or sugar rule for one week after that. You are suppose to do it for 3 weeks. But my husband and I left for Europe and I wanted to enjoy myself. Guess what? I didn't gain any weight!

It's now been a month. I have been exercising more. I'm trying to do P90X at least 3 times a week and go jogging or to the gym at least 3 times a week.

While I do enjoy treats, I'm more careful about how much I eat.

I'm ready to step up the work outs and loose again, even if it's at a slower pace than with the hgc.

Over all, I'm so glad I did the hgc. It was exactly the jump start/ cleansing I needed.

Would I do it again?

Maybe.
The part that makes me hesitant is just how strict you have to be about everything: the types of food you eat, the toothpaste you use (no mint), the lotion you use on  your body, etc. You really have to be in the zone and psyched up to complete the program. At least I felt that way.
Also, I really need to exercise. I love being out doors and now that the weather is nice, I want to be moving and going. With hgc, the more you exercise, the hungrier you are. They generally discourage it for the 21 days you are on the restricted diet. 

Otherwise, I did not feel hungry or have headaches like I usually do when I'm on a calorie restricted diet. I did not experience ANY negative side effects. I had even had more energy.

When I started the diet, my size 14 pants were pretty tight.
Now I can wear my old size 10 jeans that I've been hanging on to forever.

So there you go. My very scientific analysis of the hcg program.

3 comments:

Montserrat said...

Way to go, Sonja! You looked really good in the photos from your trip.

Mr. FR and I just started the South Beach diet last week. So far so good. I haven't weighed myself because I've found it makes me stressed and hang on to the weight more. But I feel really good, more energetic, etc.

Unknown said...

WTG! You look great!

Unknown said...

You interested in a 5k or 10k in July?