Spent the day cleaning and playing with the little girls. We had Faith over as well. Her dad's surgery went well and we are praying for a quick recovery.
I think my body is getting use to this routine. I gotta tell you it is so nice not to have everything revolve around food. I mean, I use to eat constantly. I'd reach for something quick and tasty but not very filling. Inevitably, I was searching again for something a few hours later. I can get so much more done when I'm not constantly thinking about food.
I made fajitas for dinner. With guacamole and everything! The kicker was the rich apple crisp for dessert. I know, you are wondering why I am torturing myself. Well the fact is, I'm not. It's like a challenge. I'm slaying a dragon every time I exercise self control. It effects other parts of my life as well. Because I'm more disciplined about what I eat, I'm more disciplined with my time on the computer. I'm more disciplined about going to bed (which, honestly may just be because I'm not so over-stimulated at night anymore). I am more disciplined in my scripture study.
I keep coming back to this scripture:
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
Ether 12:27
So, while all my discipline and hcg may help, the thing that's going to keep me strong in the long run is my reliance on the Lord. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I have many weaknesses. I really should be a more humble person. It's a process, yes? It's humbling to know that this particular weakness will only really become a strength if I have sufficient faith in my Savior, the one who knows us perfectly, weaknesses and all.
Total loss: -11.6
Days to go: 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment